Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The reason music videos were invented

I stopped caring much about music videos following their 80's heyday when they peaked with the a-Ha classic "Take on Me" and Michael Jackson's "Thriller". However, I was just introduced to two new music videos that are:
  1. laugh out loud funny
  2. unbelievably clever
  3. actually go along with some catchy tunes
Please excuse me if I'm dreadfully behind on the whole "Ok Go" phenomenon but I just have to sing the praises (as it were) of their videos "Here it Goes Again" and the holy-crap-how-did-they-do-that "This To Shall Pass (Rube Goldberg Edition)".

I'm not even going to bother trying to embed them here because you really need to see these in the big YouTube format. For the first time, I may actually buy an album because the videos made me like the music so much.

No comments: