Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Can

It's been a long night but I don't recall another like it in my lifetime. And it came to a close with Barack Obama, make that President-elect Barack Obama, on stage in front of 125,000 people giving a powerful, stirring speech that spoke to our country's past, present, and future. At times he seemed curiously unemotional and at times stern but this is a man who has been on the campaign trail for 2 years, who lost his grandmother yesterday, and who just won the opportunity to lead the country out of a multitude of hellacious messes. Even so, he stepped up and made this victory about the voters, about us. He made it clear that there are challenges ahead and mistakes that will be made. But at the end, that's OK.

I'm exhausted, I'm relieved, and I'm blown away by what his election represents.

Wow.

No comments: